- Polyester is subject to degradation in alkalis, ranging from none to total degradation.
- Each application shall be evaluated taking into consideration the following: Type of Alkalis, exposure conditions, concentration and temperature.
Slings incorporating aluminium fittings shall not be used where fumes, vapours, sprays, mists or liquids of alkalis and/or acids are present.
Environments in which synthetic web slings are continuously exposed to ultra violet light (sunlight) can affect the strength of synthetic webbing varying degrees, ranging from slight to total degradation is also cumulative. Factors which can determine the degree of strength loss are:
- Length of time slings are continuously exposed
- Sling construction and design
- Other environmental factors such as weather conditions and geographic location
Polyester slings should be used whenever a minimum of stretch is required. They are unaffected by common acids and hot bleaching solutions.
Polyester Slings must not be used with Sulphuric Acid or Alkalis.
Not suitable for use at temperatures exceeding 100˚C.
Stretch at rated capacity is 3% approx.
** Disintegrated by concentrated sulphuric acid
** Degraded by strong alkalis at high temperatures